Eclipse Roofing specializes in the installation, repair and maintenance of various residential and commercial flat roof systems.
- Modified bitumen (or rubber) roof systems | double ply system (heat welded or mechanically fastened)
- Built up roofing system (BUR | tar and gravel roof)
- EPDM systems | single ply system (liquid adhesive or mechanically fastened)
- TPO | singly ply system (typically a white top layer)
The most common flat roof systems we install or replace is a modified bitumen membrane using a torch-down method (head welded) to fully adhere the membrane.
The difference between varying heat-welded flat roof systems we install are the number roof layers and roof deck base.
Flat roof systems are typically built on top of an existing metal or wood roof deck; followed by a synthetic water proof layer; insulation board; protection board (barrier between torch down layers and water proofing) and completed with the installation of one or two membrane layers.
Benefits of a heat-welded roof system:
- The system is extremely flexible and will expand or contract while remaining water tight
- Extremely durable in changing climates and harsh weather conditions
- Easy to install, maintain and repair
- More attractive and practical than a tar and gravel ballast roof system
- Cool roof options available (energy saving and eco-friendly)
The finish on a flat roof can be selected in a number of different colours, styles and textures. The most requested colours to be installed by our company are: traditional black; grey or white for their reflective and energy benefits.
Grey or white cap sheets or flat roof surfaces that have a reflective coating, are proven to reduce cooling costs and in turn increase energy savings.
Eclipse Roofing Ltd, offers cool roof options for your residential or commercial flat roof. The top cap sheet we use most in our cool roof projects is the Soprastar cap sheet which is manufactured by Soprema.
Flower bed (condo roof) converted into a flat roof